Gransnet

Choose another area

Gransnet local forums

Is there anyone out there???

(18 Posts)
snoopycat Sat 11-Jan-14 06:29:04

Why is Cumbria / Carlisle always last to 'catch on' to new ideas? I've been watching to see if someone would post a comment for months now....no one has!!
So here is the first from me!!
Can someone please reply?
I wonder how long it will take...........

hildajenniJ Sun 06-Jul-14 16:28:45

Here I am. If you're still there snoopycat No response from anyone in Hexham for over a year. Thought I'd try Carlisle as the next nearest town (well, city really), to me. I've been a member of gn for a few months now. Good fun on the whole, but now I've retired I was looking for some local activity. Will watch this thread and see what happens. [Hmm]

deaneke Mon 20-Oct-14 18:29:07

Hello, I am in West Cumbria! Hope snoopycat will respond! We are a bit out of the loop in Cumbria. Maybe because people don't move that much round here.

Iam64 Tue 21-Oct-14 08:19:51

hello cumbria - north west here, but will be making one of our regular trips to Ambleside soon.

deaneke Fri 09-Jan-15 09:12:23

Hello,

Just wondered if you were out in the west! I don't go on to Gransnet very often and noticed your comment.

If you are in the west maybe you might like to make contact.

pipdog Thu 12-Feb-15 16:44:43

Hello,
I am from near Appleby but am originally from the west coast. I think Cumbria is too big for just 2 local areas.

mumofmadboys Wed 28-Oct-15 07:42:01

I have recently moved to Keswick

Jacquiwren Sat 07-Nov-15 11:18:10

Hi there,

New gran! Was looking for local Meet Up groups and found this site and here I am!

Live near Carlisle, but down west Cumbria often. Anyone interested in setting up a group, just to meet for a coffee, chat somewhere convenient for folk to get to? Love to hear from you.

Not excluding East either as often travel Newcastle. These Senior railcards are great!

Here's hoping, fingers crossed!

Jacqui

helpme Tue 08-Nov-16 14:27:10

i JUST MOVED HERE AND I'M STRUGGLING TO UNDERSTAND THE PEOPLE
THEY'RE ALL PEASANTS AND COMMONERS
SAVE ME

helpme Tue 08-Nov-16 14:27:48

I'LL GO F
OR COFFEE

helpme Tue 08-Nov-16 14:28:05

TAKE ME OUT PEASANTS

helpme Tue 08-Nov-16 14:28:52

[WINE]

KnittingFan Tue 08-Nov-16 16:38:51

Hello fellow Cumbrian grans brew

helpme Tue 08-Nov-16 18:17:59

Does anyone know of a way to earn more?
Currently I only earn a measly £97,000 a week and I wish to earn more.
If I start to earn more I can leave this horrible corner of England called Cumbria!

chrissie66hh Tue 14-Mar-17 22:18:06

2017, into March already, but it looks as though no-one has bothered to comment on the Cumbrian section of Gransnet. Perhaps all the Cumbrian grans/nans are far too busy working/looking after grandchildren/enjoying life, to be bothered to contribute to this section. I have only just discovered this forum, and hope that others will be able to contribute Something, if only to find the "missing grans"sad

Grandma2213 Wed 15-Mar-17 01:35:55

chrissie66hh The lack of comment does not surprise me. I lived in Cumbria till I was 18 and my family still live there. The North West appears to stop at Lancaster and most people south of that seem to think that north of Lancashire is Scotland. (Nothing wrong with Scotland either!)

helpme I guess your posts are tongue in cheek but they are also very rude. Cumbria has beautiful and varied scenery and friendly, intelligent people like everywhere else in the country.

Personally I found the most difficult people to interact with were in London, though, to be fair, I did not meet them all!!

chrissie66hh Mon 20-Mar-17 14:35:07

My recent post was not intended to be Rude, merely enquiring if there were any people in my 'neck of the woods' posting on Gransnet. I wasn"t decrying Cumbria as a whole, having lived here since aged 1, but I Did hope that there would have been more recent feedback on the forum than last December. Sorry if anyone's offended, but as another 'poster'has said, Cumbria has a reputation of beeing just a "little slow on the uptake"!?

Grandma2213 Tue 21-Mar-17 01:20:58

Sorry chrissie66h I didn't mean your post was rude but was referring to helpme's comments which I still hope are 'tongue in cheek'.

I don't think I've lived anywhere where I haven't found lovely,friendly people (and a few who are less than lovely) including Cumbria.

Maybe Cumbrians are less interested in posting on GN and prefer "wandering lonely as a cloud" as suggested by that 'peasant' William Wordsworth, or listening to/watching programmes by that 'commoner' Melvyn Bragg! wink

Add your message here

To post you need a valid nickname and password. Log in if you are a returning member, or join for free.

If you have forgotten your nickname or your password, you can get a reminder.